Friday, January 15, 2010

Nesting/Painting

I'm not sure if it's the presence of my mother or the looming due date (and the looming question by everyone "haven't you popped yet?"), but it's officially 5:45 AM and I am up painting. I just can't get to sleep even though I'm really tired and have a long weekend in front of me.
But I really really want to get this nursery done. I've stopped caring that it's not "perfect" and have agreed to alow myself do cartoony versions of what I wanted. I just don't have the time or patience to do exactly what was in my head. If I had started at the begining, nine months ago... I'm sure I would still be in the exact same spot, so I don't feel aweful about that. Besides, LBG will be an infant and won't know that it's not the greatest painting on Earth. And it sort of is, because it's for her. But I won't let her know that it's not exactly what I thought it was going to be. Cartoony here I come!
I feel a little bad about that, but at the same time... I'm ready. Not for her to come out, but I'm ready for the labor of this room to be done! I'm ready to start actually nesting the nest and getting the room set up and the clothes put away and the changing table organized. I'm ready to nest! Problem is the room isn't. So I'm giving myself 7-10 days to finish. I want it done-done by the doctor's due date (which is the 27th). Although, at this time, I'm pretty sure we miscalculated the date and it's about a week off. But that's good, because (hopefully) that'll give me time to get the room aired out and set up.
So anyone feeling even remotely artistic just jump on over! Like I said, it doesn't have to be perfect. I just want her to feel the love that we all put into the room.
It was so nice to have Grandpa Tim over the other night to paint the trees and castle wall. Even though he didn't really know what he was doing, he still put love into it, which is what really counts. The same with my mother. I'm hoping others will do the same. I mean if nothing else, I know Grandma Patty doesn't paint, but I'd love for her to come over and just dab on a red circle to symbolize a rose. I've got no problem going back over what's been done and adding the details. But I know there will be a time when LBG will point to something in the room and I'll smile and go "yes, so-and-so painted that for you to show you how much they love you!" Not that painting is the only way of showing love, but I'd love to be able to have a little bit of everyone in that room for her to be a part of.
I'm waiting for the aunts and uncles to come over and do a little something... maybe I should call them, not now, of course, but sometime later today would be good. I've got some pretty easy things to do and they can be fun (like the leaves on all the trees; just take a sponge and go for it!).
Mom is going to be doing the detail work for the buildings, I mainly want her to draw them out so that we can get them going. And like I said, I've come to realize cartoony is fine for this attempt, so maybe not so detaily as I originally planned; more like symbolic.
I'm waiting on paint to dry so I can start the next thing. Please feel free to come over and help any time! But you'll have to call first, please, because I'm finding out my schedule is booking up fast for doctor's appointments. Which is another reason I wanna bust this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment