Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cravings Chocolate

Let me preface with, I love my husband very very much, but...
He made me laugh today with a tinge of anger. I was having major cravings for chocolate chocolate-chip muffins, and he was being an ass about the whole thing. At first he didn't want to go out and do it, and then had never heard of such a thing.
Finally persuaded him to go out and do it. I realize of course that he has been working a very very long day... 12 hour shift in fact. But this is the first time I've pulled the pregnancy card and asked him for something I'm craving rather than just going out and getting it myself. I had texted him earlier that day to go get it if he had a chance, but he didn't. So on his way home I asked him to bring it home, but he didn't. So I finally convinced him that I really wanted it and that we should go out and get it.
So we went to Reasors. It takes him forever to go through that store! I knew exactly what I wanted and where it was, but we had to mosey about almost every aisle. We finally got to where the muffins would be, and they were sold out!
So I told Chris we should go to the other Reasors, which is only a couple of miles away, not like it's a few hours away or anything! Anyway, first thing out of Chris' mouth was that he was not going to go to the other Reasors. I totally had to pull the card. I mean, this was the first time I've asked him to go around town searching for anything food related for me! How dare he. He had been getting off easy these whole nine months. I hadn't asked him for anything like that. Grrrr. It made me so mad. I just started laughing, because I couldn't believe him!
I think he started feeling guilty, so don't rip him too much for it, because we did go to the other Reasors, begrudgingly. I found the chocolate chocolate-chip muffings and enjoyed one in the car. He had apparently never had one before, so I gave him a bite. He'll probably have one tomorrow for breakfast or a snack. I just couldn't believe it. I mean, I love Chris and everything, but... it just makes me laugh and shake my head. The nerve, sometimes... urgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment