Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dr. Weekly

I'm pretty sure the doctor is set and determined that this week was the due week, but I'm pretty sure now that it's a week off, and she'll be coming next week... at least with the upcoming weather I'm hoping so.
But the update is this: my bloodpressure is down, which is good, to 119 over 87. We were a bit worried when it was up because that could mean something. But it's down to normal now, so that's all good.
I'm at 1cm, still soft, and posterior. So she's not going anywhere right now. I figure once the sleet and snow comes in we'll just sit back and relax until next month (only a few days away!).
The doctor asked if I wanted to set a date or let her go as long as we could. I said we'd let her go as long as we could. So, Dr. S doesn't doesn't want her to go past the 9th.
We went ahead and set up an apointment for next week, which I'll have to do a stress test for when I go. The stress test sounds pretty easy and relaxing, actually. I'll have a dopler (the baby heart monitor) strapped to my stomach and another device that monitors contractions (just in case I'm having them and "not realizing it", though I'm not sure I wouldn't realize it). But I'll be sitting down in a recliner with these two devices strapped to my stomach for 15-30 minutes until they get a good constant reading. And then I'll get the regular weekly done.
You know, the same stuff I got done this week: pelvic exam, blood pressure, heart rate of LBG, questions, weight, and pee in a cup.
LBG's heart rate kept going up from 145-150 at this one, but it's within normal range. I think she thought she was being played with. Dr. S said the cervic was still a ways up there though.

No comments:

Post a Comment