Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Doctor

Another weekly baby doctor visit has come and gone... and been scheduled again for next week. I figure as long as she keeps scheduling me, she's not worried about LBG coming out.
I had a slightly higher blood pressure from my norm, but nothing out of the normal range. Other than that, I'm at 1cm and 50% effaced (I had to look up what that ment: it's the cervical lining thining... I think). I've been having bad headaches lately that don't go away with tylenol, so I had to report that, too.
Like last night, I woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep till after 7 because I was waiting on the headache to subside, and then the heartburn. But that's beside the point.
My doctor is really great and all, but these pelvic exams are a bit rough. I bled after this one, too, but not until a few hours later (that dr apt was at 11:30a, but I didn't notice it till after 3:30p). As much as pelvic exams aren't funny, this one kind of was. LBG moved away from the doctor back up into what seemed like my throat really quickly when the doctor was doing the exam. It startled the doctor, and we all kind of laughed about it. She hadn't had that reaction before from a baby in the womb!
Anyway, all seems to be on track. 1cm and 50% effaced doesn't mean anything, unfortunately. I mean it could be tomorrow or it could be two weeks. Some women stay at 1cm for weeks, apparently.
Anyway, I'm tired. Had a long, busy day of doctors and returns. I'm going to take a nice relaxing shower, and then to bed. Have a good night yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment