Thursday, December 24, 2009

Worries

As I sit here tonight, waiting on my last batch of shortbread, I was reading an article on SIDS... and it scares the crap out of me! Such a horrible thing. I just keep praying LBG has a long and healthy life and that nothing like that ever becomes a factor for mine or anyone else's children. It's such a scary thing. Even though she's not even born yet, it worries me. Some of things the article tells not to do are things I wouldn't have thought about, and things I worry I'll do anyways (like put things in her crib... they said not to even put a bumper on!).
I fear the days I can't take care of her. I know she's somewhat safe right now, but... there's so much to be afraid of with children. How does anyone survive the worrying?!
She will be loved, because she is already loved. It's just late, and been a long day. So I worry. I just want to be able to take care of her and protect her when I need to. She scares me enough being inside me (like when she's being inactive or I'm feeling sick or fall down)... but at least I feel I can protect her somewhat in there, to some extent. Now that the due date is getting closer, it's getting harder and harder not to worry.
It'll be all right, right? Absolutely. I just have to keep repeating that to myself and praying a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment