Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pelvic Push

This past week, I think LBG has dropped into my pelvic region... It's the oddest feeling (I know I've been saying that about a number of things on this blog, but each one really is odd). To best describe it, it's like when you sit down (which is when I'm mainly feeling the pressure) and catch a fat-fold between your leg and stomache. That by itself sounds odd... Okay, if you've got some extra skin, take it and shove it inwards, towards your intestines, while sitting. That's what it feels like.
I worry sometimes that I'm smashing her hand (or worse, her head). But she hasn't done anything to make me move. They say that the baby'll hurt you before you hurt it, so I guess that's a good sign.
It's a very odd feeling having her that far down, especially since my belly is still getting rounder, and not dropping to follow her. It just makes it uncomfortable sometimes to sit. I have to adjust a lot because I'll feel her, mainly on my left side, down there.
I've felt her down there before, but this is more constant. It's not anything to worry about though, the books all say that durring the first pregnancy the baby drops down there up quite a few weeks before the due date. It's second and third pregnancies that it's a sign of labor approaching. So, so far everything is still on track... until my doctor says otherwise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment