Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nice night to nap

(post july 29, 2011) I have to say putting the kids to bed last night was like night and day, in a way.

With Erin I should have followed my gut, but I resisted to do so at first. I knew she was tired, but I kept dismissing it because she has just taken a nice long nap (from 4:30 to 6:45). That was really her only nap for today (I mean, she took one at school, but only for the last 15 minutes, and they had had big day with it being the last for the summer time. So I don't think that counts. We tried to get her to nap before then, but we were at nana's and then she refused to do so in the car.).
But it ended up after throwing her food in the floor and throwing a fit while getting ready for a bath, I just said "screw it.". I stopped running the water and realized what was happening. She was over tired (aka past tired). So I told her "alright, let's just go to bed.". She turned around and walked her naked butt straight to her room and called for beau. We got her dressed (it was nana and me), said te prayers and put her down. Immediately once we put her on the table to get dressed her body seemed to relax. It was as if she was saying "yes! I just want to go to sleep!". It made me feel bad that I hadn't "listened" to her earlier. But I'm glad she went right to sleep once she was in her crib.

Paul, on the other hand, went down without a peep! Okay, I am probably paying a bit more attention to his cues because I take for granted that she can talk and move around on her own. But anyway, I was just getting done with Erin when it was time for Paul to eat. I noticed that he was starting to grunt and sat down and fed him. After food and diaper change, we played just a little with Mr.Fan. I noticed he was starting to yawn and squirm so I got up and walked him around just a little before putting him down for a quiet nite. It was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment