Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Five by five

I've got to quit sleeping through my alarm. Granted these last couple nights I haven't, I've just been pressing "snooze" for an hour or more.
Yes, I set an alarm for breastfeeding. It's due to Paul's amazing willingness to sleep through the night. I've been wondering if the combination of the sway of the swing and warmth of the woombie make it too comfortable for him and that he night just sleep the day away.
I know that if I keep ignoring the alarm and let him sleep without nursing we will both be sorry. Today was another day he slept past 5 hours and it was really hard to get him to latch because I was engorged so badly. I need to get up and pump for a few minutes before waking him so that this is not a problem. But I didn't, and now I'll be up even longer because even though he ate, I'll still have to pump to be comfortable enough to go back to bed. Besides, if I get up when the alarm goes off I'll be keeping up my supply and not hindering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment