Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sept 20

Sept 20, 2012

Well its dark now but today had been interesting.
All day I've been thinking about something that aught my mind this morning.  Every morning I go thru at least 2 Pediasures when I get the kids their morning drinks.  Sometimes three, rarely four.  But with all these Pediasures we go thru I fill up at Sams Club and get about four cases at a time.  But I was emptying the second one into Paul's sippie cup and kept thinking "what can I do with all these bottles?"  I remembered the Gerber's Puffs snowman, so automatically I thought of snowmen... then maybe trees, then... yeah, that's about as far as I got.  Vases, maybe?  I don't know.  I can't think of anything, but I've got a ton of them.  So far all I've been doing with them after they're empty is throwing them away.  There's got to be something I can do with them.
Anyway, the day went on with minor things going on.  We got ready and went to McDonalds (how I got them in the car) then to school.  After I dropped them off, I went home and quickly picked up the trash, then went back out for a couple of back to back appointments.  One was in Owasso, the next was in Claremore, so I didn't quite make it to the second on time.  Then I went for a drive to Broken Arrow to pick up some drawer/bins for the kids room at their Lowes (ours were out and they're on clearance so they're not getting more).  I'm really excited to get them up and see what it all looks like.   But because I was out all day it meant that I kept the kids in aftercare for a little bit. 
When I picked them up they both went to sleep and I went to work on the first box of bins.  Went up pretty good and easy.  Tried to get a little rest myself, but no luck there.  I kept getting texts and calls every time my head hit the pillow. 
Anyway, so when they got up we went for a wagon ridethen ate some ramen and peaches for dinner.  Pretty uneventful... that was until Dada decided to call.  He decided to call and Erin was on the potty.  It was actually perfect timing cause she was sort of refusing to go because she wanted Dada.  We were glad to talk to him and he helped a little, but Paul was messing around with stuff.  He got in trouble for flushing the toilet numerous times.  I kept placing him outside the bathroom, then he'd come right back in.  He started messing with the empty trashbin (it has a heavy lid on it), and because I was paying attention to the Erin and Dada thing I didn't notice it when Paul dropped one of the items on his toe.  I heard the piercing cry followed by outright crying, he had definetly hurt himself.  I immediately grabbed him up and checked him over, pressing on him and prodding him.  Nothing brought up an additional squeal.  So I hung up and headed out.  He was still crying and wouldn't stop.  Then Erin started crying because she wanted to talk to dada some more.  He called back and everyone was in tears, so I didn't talk other than to tell him I'd talk later. 
The night went on and I only noticed his toe when I started get his PJs on.

This is where he had gotten hurt in the bathroom.  He must have dropped the heavy top on his big toe.  :(  I feel aweful about this.  It was swollen and tender to the touch. 
And so he went to bed, and Erin got to stay up.  But after her first show, before she got to watch her second for the night we counted the pom poms.  She hadn't gotten enough, so she would have to go to bed without a reward. 
Before I started the second show I reminded her and reiterated that she would be going to bed right afterwards.  Well, after the show she went to her bed very willingly... until she discovered that she could turn the lights back on.  Then hell broke loose again.  She refused to sleep in her bed and I told her I'd come get her when I was done.  That quieted her down for a little bit.  Long enough for me to get a couple of bins built (I couldn't hang them because the lights are burnt out in the playroom), but then she started getting loud again.  So I decided to pack it up and call it a night.  She joined me in the bedroom while I gave myself a shot (which didn't go all that well... the needle wasn't deep enough).  She then wanted to sleep in the living room... turns out she just wanted to play in the living room and read her book.  Now, I've got nothing against reading... I want her to read more.  But it was time for bed.  So I had her sleep in Chris' spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment