Monday, October 19, 2009

Nursery Plans (sketches)

These are my sketches and ideas for the nursery. I know, promises of grandure... I just hope I can get it up and done before she's here! All except the first are done in 3/4" scale, so details have not been hashed out. They're quick sketches, details have not played into it. And some details (like the houses) are readily available, and I'll use them probably on in the final application (on the wall!).




This picture (above) is a very early and very fast sketch of what I wanted to do overall with the room. It starts ("read" it left to right) with the window wall. It's a forest pathway, then the next wall had originally just a house (later modified to maybe a village, then just a few buildings). The door wall is the castle gates with a view of the castle. And then it fades into a countryside scene (with a hobbit hole). I incorporated different places Chris and I have been together in the overal mural (so keep an eye out for CJ notations).


This next picture (above) is the "countryside scene". I really wanted the mural to have a hobbit hole, but wasn't sure how big. It turned out a good size after I added the Cliffs of Dover (CJ honeymoon Ireland). In the ocean I had a pirate ship (CJ honeymoon St. Lucia) but erased it before I scanned the sketch. I plan on working on the details on it before putting it back in. Other characters we see are the Cheshire Cat and the Lorax. I figure I might also put in something else, I just don't know what.

The inside wall or "village scene" is this one (above). It's gone through many developments: from just one house, to many, to lots of fairytale houses (lady in the shoe, gingerbread house, etc), to just a few. I think the few don't seem to crowd it as much. It needs some basic work on scaling, as I look at it now I realize this. But it's the basic jist of what I want... I think (this and the "countryside scene" have been the hardest to figure out what I want).

Anyway, you see up front and personal Anne Hathaway's house (representing England, CJ)... well the basic outline for it. I was going to sketch in the details, but that can be hashed out later. In front of it will be a little garden of flowers and veggies with Peter Rabbit running through it.

Then starting at top is a windmill for Don Quixote, then the little pigs houses... well what's left of them. There's a pile of wood and a windblown pile of straw, and after some thought, I'd like the red brick house to look more like our current house (which is red, but not fully bricked). And then of course ASF (CJ where we met). I figure in all that sky space I'd like to put an actual dragon flying in the distance.

This is the door wall or "castle scene". The castle you see in the background is one I cannot find a name for from Ireland (CJ honeymoon Ireland). Paddywagoners, if you know/remember the last day castles we saw I'd appriciate it. Otherwise it's just a basic turret system on either side with a bridge between and mountains behind. The first door/turret has climbing roses on it, and one will be where the handle is. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to do something similar to the other door as well or not. Might just be a stone.

Notable characters are: Rapunzel, Notre Dame Bell (well it will be in the first turret's window), the worm from Labyrnth (yes, he's there by Rap.'s hair), and the Little Mirmaid (a very fast rendition that will get more details the large it gets).

The above is the sketch for inside the closet. When you open the door you'd see Rumplestillskin(and yes, he's only 3 feet tall) creaping up the stairs. On the backside of the door would be the 3 blind mice. Also in the picture are the frog prince, spiderweb (representing spider and the fly story), Cinderella's glass slipper, and the sock fary (you know, he usually stays around your laundry and steals socks so you only pull out one of a kind).
This last one (below) isn't a sketch at all, but I found pretty much what I want to do from a digital image when I was researching some of the other images online. This would be the forest wall, the one with the window. The window would fall right where that nice little opening is at the end of the pathway between the trees. I like house the trees seem to be going through all the seasons. It won't be full trees, but 3/4 of them, probaby. Like this picture will actually wrap around to the next wall a couple of feet, just to start to incorporate everything together.
Also, I'd like to add some fairy characters into it, and maybe some smurfs down low.

No comments:

Post a Comment