Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dr. Apt... again.

Another doctor's apt today with Dr. Sorenson. She's really cool, and quick as far as doctors go. It was going to be a very basic baby check (weight, heartbeat, bloodpressure, questions), but they ended up having to put me in one of their new rooms with an ultrasound machine in it. I didn't think anything of it when the nurse said she was going to have to put me in there, I just thought it was going to be a normal checkup (because I'd had my major ultrasound last month) that just happens to be in a room with one. Turns out "well, since it's in here, let's use it!" seemed to be the idea. So I am very glad I got put in that room! I got some more pictures of Baby Rich (but they look pretty much like last time). Dr. S was excited to use the machine, and was doing all sorts of measurements on it (I think it must have been her first time or something in there with it since it's a new room). Everything is healthy. She's at a good weight (1 lb 1 oz) and her heartbeat is 150, which is good for her. Nothing's swollen on me and I'm at a good weight climb (just have to keep reminding myself to have protein for breakfast).
Other than that, I got a flu shot while I was there. I talked to the nurse about weither or not to get a regular one and a swine flu one, and she said they were doing regular ones if I wanted (and to not worry about the swine flu one just yet). I said sure, so that I couldn't chicken out. I almost did, but glad I didn't. Now I don't have to worry for the next three months about it. She was a good injector and got it right in the muscle. So it bled a little, but it looked like a lot because the alcohol hadn't fully dried yet, so she had to give me another bandaid. I'm getting less aprehensive about shots thanks to the MS, I think. She was good at it, and honestly I couldn't tell she did it. The bandaid hurt worse when I ripped it off then the shot. I just have to remember that next time I get a little nervous/anxious about that stuff... especially in the arm (I'm used to the hip now).
Oh, and I'm supposed to do a Glucose Test before my next apt. It's just a lab, but I can't figure out if it's blood or urin. Either way I'm supposed to eat normal, and then for two hours not eat anything but drink plenty of fluids (can't figure out if I'm allowed to pee or not beforehand, though). When I get there it takes a while, because they give me an orange fluid that takes an hour to work through the system, and then I do the test. They said I can go in any time to do that, but I think I might call them just to make sure I know what I'm doing.
Anyway, I'll post up the new pics when I get this computer hooked up to the scanner again. And remember folks, November 3rd is my 3-d/4-d date!

No comments:

Post a Comment