Friday, September 4, 2009

Lopsided

Last night was a weird night for me in general. I couldn't get to sleep, my stomach felt so tight! I don't know if I ate too much and couldn't get rid of it, or if it was the baby. Anyway, I finally just went outside with a flashlight and started picking up the dog poo (yes, 10 o'clock at night). But while doing that I noticed that my stomach was lopsided. Now, I've gotten the feeling that it was before, especially when I just get up from sleeping or I'm about to lay down and have to pick a side. But so far it's always just been a feeling. But I think being extra full/tight, last night I was actually able to see it! It was freaky, to say the least. my right side was way bigger than my left, and I was sure it was the baby, but didn't want to push it over or anything like that. The more I think about it the more I realize that that has been the heavier, or "less light" (because I notice the lighter side more when it's the feeling), side more often than not. So, baby's a righty. I think I evened it out durring the night, because by the time I woke up, I couldn't tell anymore. I wonder why they like that side more? Just a general question for the universe.
And this is just general information I thought I should share as my dogs try to catch flies in the last of the summer heat. It's not something people tell you will happen, so it really took me by surprise.
I saw in a movie once where they had to turn the baby around because it was upside-down, and they did it just by pushing it around with their hands. The mother was well into her 8th month, so I don't know if this is really possible or just movie magic. But wouldn't that hurt the baby? I mean, I'm sure that's how they used to do it, but the baby is still developing, does it dent them or something?
Anyway, enough for today. Just thought I'd share that little tid-bit with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment