Saturday, February 20, 2010

On-Demand Feeding

Last night was the last straw… no more “on demand” feedings! I know it’s recommended, but in my opinion she’s not getting enough to eat. Last night she slept for over 6 hours, and she would have slept longer if I hadn’t woken her up. It was pretty ridiculous! Because then she ate for over 2 hours. Yesterday she ate a total of four times, which is half of the recommended amount. We’re going back to the schedule. We’re not going to be ridgid on it, but we are going to go every 2-3 hours of feeding during the day, and no more than 4 hours between at night. I think that’ll help out a lot. Yesterday during the day she went 4+ hours between feedings during the day. No wonder she was so hungry when she ate! Ugh, it was just not good. I mean, I understand the whole feeding on demand thing, but it just doesn’t work all the time. At first it was working because her demand put her at every 2-3 hours. But now it’s just not.
Also I’ve decided that at night I’m going to move her into the nursery to feed her, because it’s been really uncomfortable how comfortable it is when feeding her in bed. It worked well when I was first needing it, but now that I’m feeling better and she’s falling asleep more during feedings, it’d be good to be in the nursery to change and burp her easier as well as be able to turn on the lights and sounds. I know that Patty said not to turn it on and just go in and do it quickly and quietly, but the problem is she just falls asleep while feeding and doesn’t get enough, which keeps me awake because each time I burp her she wakes up enough to realize she wants more. There’s a point when she’s too tired to suck, and I just don’t want that happening any more either. So that suggestion is also out the window, Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment