Wednesday, January 1, 2020

John’s chin-jury

Well, we ended 2019 with a bang... right on the concrete.  The kids were outside playing and John took the ramp down to the cup-de-sac a bit too fast and busted his chin.  He quickly started bleeding. As I took him inside he held his body chin with his hands. I tried to clean it as best I could with warm water before putting a giant bandaid on it. The bandaid seemed to calm him a bit but it definitely still hurt. Hubs and I had plans to go see a movie and the kids spend some time with Mimi and Popi. I thought all was all right, but I was still worried that I hadn’t taken him in. I kept reasoning with myself that it was too small a cut for stitches, but that didn’t ease me. I waited til after the movie to check on him, and received this picture:


!  Needless to say I had to call and ask what the giant bandage was doing around his head!  Mimi calmly explained that he had bled through the bandaid because there was no pressure on it. So Popi decided this was the best solution. It had stopped bleeding and he was fine with it. 
*sigh*
Okay, so today after he woke up we tried to clean his face up a bit more, and put fresh bandages on. We were able to, but he wouldn’t let us have a good look at it, so we don’t know how bad it really is. At least he’s all smiles today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment