Saturday, August 7, 2010

PPD getting better

It doesn't bother me when people that have never had kids say that they don't understand how someone could shake a baby... but it does bother me when a parent says it. It bothers me because I found it hard sometimes when I would get frustrated. Please understand how hard that is to say. I love Erin soooo much! But I'd be tired (and in pain sometimes) and she'd be so tired she'd be crying so hard and wouldn't go to sleep... and when they tell you to gently shake/rock the baby to sooth her... I can see how it could easily get out of hand. I never let it, but I can see how it happens.


Anyway, I tried to explain to someone the other day how easy it would be, and they were adimant about how they felt. I felt soooo bad. I felt like the worst person ever. I thought people knew how it felt that had kids.
Today it didn't bother me... which was a nice surprise. It bothered me, but it didn't bother me like that. I wanted to cry with her, because I felt bad for how she was feeling. I felt empathetic instead of frustrated... which was a very nice change. A releif, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment