Monday, August 2, 2010

Erin's First Air Travel

Chris and I were given the opportunity to take Erin on her first plane ride today. Yes, it was for a very sad occassion, but I am greatful I was able to take her on her first trip alongside Chris.

Erin helped me do some last minute packing:


Our timing to the airplane was a bit off, but we still made it to the airport with time to spare. Erin decided to chill out with her toys, but waited wide-eyed with anticipation.


We were lucky enough to be able to board before most people, which was nice, because then we were able to sit in the same seat on every flight (the second to last seat in back left). Every flight was sold out (but luckily in the second one somebody didn't show, so we got a free seat next to us) there and back. But I took some pictures on the first one before everyone got seated:

Chris shared some water with her:


I nursed her on the way up and on the way down on all flights, but normally when I cover her while nursing she tries to expose me, so we decided to "bind" her hands by putting her in this really cool swaddle called a "Woombie". She ended up falling asleep durring the second flight, so we laid her in the extra seat for a minute or two.

While she was awake she played a lot... she was very squirmy towards the end.



She did really well, didn't cry at all! A major success. The only thing was when she started getting squirmy from being couped up all that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment