Friday, June 5, 2009

Milk

Okay, for as much as I have been craving specific meats, I know my first craving was milk. Cold, creamy, milk.
I didn't realize it at the time (and I didn't know you could get cravings as early as the 2nd and 3rd week, which you can) but I had massive milk (calcium) cravings. I bought ice-cream in so many different capacities, 3 different cereals, and even cool whip. I didn't realize this is what was going on (I didn't even suspect I was pregnant).

Apparently, according to some doctors, you can get cravings as early as the second week, though they usually start the third. This is because you're body is requiring those nutrients for the new being inside. The weird cravings don't happen for a while, but the average everyday items already have.

With cravings I'm supposed to try and decipher why I'm craving certain things: like I want ice-cream, why? Because it's cold? Milk? sweetness? or a certain flavor (fruits)? Mostly it's the milk factor, so I try to not eat all that much ice-cream... but at the begining I didn't know, so I was just eating ice-cream. Yes, I'm pregnant, but I'm not that far along! I shouldn't have gained all that much weight. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment