Thursday, January 12, 2012

I love my husband but...

Ive decided that a stay-at-home mom Is basically a single mom 75-80% of the time. At least that's been my experience and it remains my excuse for the perpetual state of destruction my house is in.
I love my husband but he is away all this week and I've basically decided to do his "honey do" list. I've waited too long on a lot of the stuff and have decided to take charge of it instead.
I guess my epiphany came about due to events from yesterday. Yesterday was chris' day off, but not mine. Stay-at-home Mothers don't really get those. Yesterday was such a last-minute day!
We spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon in stores looking for a garment bag for Chris big trip today. Then we still had To pack... Yes, "we" even though I was not going with him I still had to help. That's what a good wife does, right?
Well, in spite of me doing laundry almost constantly this week I still managed to have to do 3 more loads of "essential" clothes for the trip. Needless to say, he was still packing this morning.
Anyway, we had established a plan earlier that day, but needed to adjust it. Which is fine, it's been discussed and agreed by all that plans change and we are all fine with that... As long as it's not too much. We had said what all Chris needed ro get done before the trip the next day: get garment bag, do a little laundry, pack, and clean out his car. He had said he would take Erin with him to clean out the car after her nap. Well when we got home Erin took a long needed nap, so I thought he would take advantage of that time to pack. Nope. Instead He sat down and took a nap with Paul.

Dont get me wrong, I'm glad he was able to calm Paul down for a nap, and that he was able ro spend some time with him before leaving. And I also know that we all needed a nap after our busy morning, BUT he had stuff to get done.
So I did it for him.

Jess, FINISH POST PLEASE

No comments:

Post a Comment