Sunday, March 6, 2011

Name Calling

Chris and I had to go pick up the remaining stuff at JBF-Tulsa today and on our way we discussed #2's name.
We've been discussing Paul, Jackson, and Drake, in no particular order or preference as to which two of the three we would keep. We had pretty much decided Paul Jackson or Jackson Paul, though.
But I had gone to a birthday party yesterday where there were about 10 children/toddlers... and 3 of them were named Jackson. So I had time to think about it and was very discouraged in having that popular a name as my boy's first name. I didn't want him to get "lost in the shuffle" so to speak. So I had always been partial to Paul Jackson, rather than Jackson Paul (because that reminded me of Jackson Pollik the artist), and that clenched it for me. And then I thought about other middle names, and went back to the Paul and Drake combination, and then one or two others (I've always liked William, but apparently Chris has always hated it... but I still tried to get it in there). But we kept coming back to Paul Jackson. We like the names and the initials... so there you go. PJ is our name for #2 for right now.
We aren't 100%, and won't be until we fill out the paperwork. But I'm 99.9% sure that Paul Jackson Rano Rich is #2's full name. We wanted to decide it ahead of time so that we could stop frustraiting people. We will call him Paul and PJ... and never ever ever Paulie (that's the only downfall of that first name).

No comments:

Post a Comment