Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dollie Go Night-Night

My daughter did the cutest thing tonight! So I've had a rough time with her today, and luckily Gammy was able to take her for a bit. I'm just so worn out for some reason and I think Erin is grumpy and was being a bit of a pill today (But that's another blog insert).
Anyway, back on subject of cuteness! So it's bedtime and we (Chris, Erin, and I) go through our nighttime routine, minus the bath part because it was late and we had been out. So we changed her clothes, said our prayers, and gave her her medicine. Then it was time to lay her down. She still seemed quite awake, so I brought her her dollie and she held onto it tightly as we laid her down. Then she immediately sat up when she hit the bed, and I thought "Oh, great. Now she's gonna start crying and everything." But she didn't, she just grabbed her little pooh-bear-blankie-thing and started covering up her dollie. Then I thought she was going to stay seated but when I reached for her she laid down with dollie (covered with blankie) tightly in her arms. It was so sweet! I almost cried then and there. It brightened my day and reminded me of the good things. It is a great memory I will cherish (and look forward to her repeating again!).

No comments:

Post a Comment